Monday, August 22, 2016

why are comics sad people? and why you and I are sad too

This too simplistic an assumption to make, about comics I mean. They are people with lives and life is just shitty to everyone, even those of us who like to make a few jokes at its expense. The 'us' in the previous sentence doesn't include me though.

I recognize jokes when they pop at the horizon and I enjoy them maybe a bit too much than the average human but I cannot mentally register and recall articulately, any sort of hilarity taking place in my vicinity.

If I had a time machine, we could go to a simpler time where childhood photos weren't a work of the devil and were fit for exorcism by fire but were simply innocent, socially green-lit documentation serving as a window into sweet, sweet familial moments of yester years.

We would be able to deduce from those pictorial documents, pre- exorcism, that the androgynous(honestly more boyish than girlish) kid peering through will never grow up to be someone who will be able to intentionally arouse laughter in people.

So It has been proven in this present times.

Back to comics being sad people just like you and me. I guess that's it mostly, we forget that funny people don't magically skip all the shittiness and fuckallness of living by virtue of them being able to show others and themselves all the funny bits. The sad bits are still in the picture, in the corners making up the frame. Maybe, after a point, the pressure to be funny all the time gets to them and the corners with the sad bits start closing in and suffocating the circle of funny we always expect them to show us.

This is mostly guesswork and some facts that I may have unconsciously picked up on the internet, I guess.





No comments:

Post a Comment