Tuesday, September 20, 2011

gargoyles in my living room, the flies in my chair

life sized nightmare.
gothic horror that i relished
in books,has become a reality.
the sheer magnitude of my
fright is incomparable to the time when
my dear friend had to converse with a
bug swatting fly with equations to solve.

with the incident in mind i tread carefully
across the hall and look into nature,
when the garden gargoyle starts peeing
in my living room, fucking monster!!
but i don't raise my voice above a whisper.

with a careless swagger, it reanimates
the fly whose reputation precedes itself
then begins chatter on various subjects,
touching briefly on the weather.

 i have the fortunate luck of getting
a glimpse of myself in the mirror,a second later,
and realize that i'm not ordinary myself,
a slight memory lapse clears itself,
after which i charge at the unwanted company
of oddities and make my self right at home
taking the conversation by the reins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment